Monday, November 16, 2009

Is This My Final Radio Promotional Campaign?





Steve Raybine:




Blog #16:





Is This My Final Radio Promotional Campaign?






When I dropped my check off with my music attorney today to pay my radio promoter for six weeks of radio promotion beginning in early January 2010, I couldn't help but wonder if this would be the last radio campaign that I could afford. If you hope to have your music played on radio, then radio promotion is a necessity--simply put! Beginning with my second CD, Bad Kat Karma, this will be my sixth major radio campaign (4 with Bad Kat Karma and 2 with In the Driver's Seat) that I have embarked upon.




It is the job of radio promoters to "pitch" your song(s) to radio stations with the sole purpose of getting you valuable airplay. Learn this fact and learn it now: radio play is essential to your career as a performing musician if you hope to have a lucrative performing career either as an individual or as a member of a band. Without a significant amount of national and international radio play, your music career will be severely limited, at least it is within the Smooth Jazz market where I perform.





Hiring a top-flight radio promoter(s) is expensive--nothing regarding professional-level promotion of your music is inexpensive. The organization that promotes my music to radio does a superb job--they certainly earn their money. In order to further my career in radio, however, I really need something significant to happen with the pending release of my two, yes two new singles (simultaneous release of "You've Got it All" and "What You Won't Do For Love") in 2010. The radio promotion, combined with the printing, assembling and mailing of the 250 singles for the January 4th, 2010 release to radio will come to over $3,000.00--a tidy sum.




The money I'm investing in the next radio promotional campaign is money spent believing in myself, my music and my promoters. Together, we are a unified team whose mission is to get either of my singles on as many Smooth Jazz radio stations worldwide as possible. Thus far, my music has been played on over 130 radio stations, which is very good. However, there are still some large radio markets that I need to crack and to have a big impact doing so. Will it happen remains the great unanswered question? I do know this: the music and the promoters are both excellent, so let the journey begin.





Success (great or small) comes to those individuals who believe 100% (or maybe more) in themselves, their product and their potential. I've tried to live that philosophy every day of my life. I've paid my dues literally and figuratively for many years and I'm proud to say that I'm a survivor. Will this be my final significant radio promotional campaign or is greater musical success just around the corner? Only time will tell.............





Copyright 2009 Steve Raybine


All Rights Reserved





http://www.steveraybine.com/


http://www.myspace.com/steveraybine


http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Raybine/56070941106



http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/raybine3




http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Steve+Raybine&search_type=&aq=f




http://www.smoothjazz.eu/index2.php?artist=85

No comments:

Post a Comment