Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving: A Day for Giving Thanks










Steve Raybine:





Blog #24





Thanksgiving: A Day for Giving Thanks







For today's blog, I thought it was only appropriate to mention things I'm grateful for on the national holiday known for giving thanks--Thanksgiving. The following are ten things I'm grateful for personally and professionally:




A.) Personal Things I'm Grateful For:
 



1.) My Family


My wife, Beth, and our two sons, David and Sam, are the most important people in my life. Our family means everything to me and this is truly my greatest blessing on earth.






2.) My Dad


My father, Art Rehbein, is 85 years old and going strong. He has been a generous and loving presence in my life and I'm grateful that he is still healthy and happy. Moreover, he has been a super grandfather for Dave and Sam. Go Pack!






3.) My Mother


My mother, Marge Rehbein, has been deceased almost 16 years, but her loving presence stays with me daily. I deeply miss her, but am truly grateful that she was my mom--a true blessing!






4.) My In-Laws


I have wonderful in-laws: David and Jean Conover are not only wonderful father- and mother-in laws, but are great grandparents, too.






5.) My Grandparents


My paternal grandparents, Alma and Ewald Rehbein were exceptionally wonderful grandparents. I spent a great deal of time with them when I was younger and I dearly miss them.






6.) My Friends


I have some great friends that I'm grateful for who bring great joy into my life--even though they tease me a lot.






7.) My home


I have a beautiful home that I enjoy everyday. It has a gorgeous back yard and lots of gardens.






8.) Our Cats


Charlie, Jasmine (Jazzy) and Indigo (Indie) are the family pets--all interesting cats. I can't imagine our home without them.






9. My Health


I'm grateful that thus far, I've been reasonably healthy--you can't ever take your health for granted. On a similar note, I'm grateful that our family has health insurance thanks to Beth's work.






10.) Spirituality


Even though I haven't spent as much time thinking about the all-encompassing spiritual side of life as much as I used to, I know it's important and I'm sure I'll contemplate it again many times in the future.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






B. Professional Things I'm Grateful For:






1.) That I'm able to earn a living as a musician


It's not easy to earn a living as a musician in society--especially in the freelance world. My music teaching, performances, CD sales and royalties all contribute to my financial package.






2.) The teams that work for me and with me.


All of my business associates and musicians that help to further my music are a true blessing! Thank you all so very much--I couldn't do it without you. Note: Please read my first blog to see the names and functions of all the people that I'm referring to.






3.) All of my students--past and present


My students have enriched my life immeasurably over the years and I hope they feel the same about me.






4.) The vibraphone, piano and drums


These are my primary instruments (especially the vibes) and although they're hard to lug around, I chose them and they chose me.






5.) The ability to be a creative artist and teacher


The true essence of me is creativity and I'm grateful that I've been able to share my creativity with many people over time.






6.) Audiences that appreciate my music


As an artist in society, I am grateful to those individuals that enjoy my music and support my artistic endeavors--thank you so very much!






7.) To certain teachers that helped me grow as a musician


Throughout every musician's evolution, certain teachers have a unique ability to impart their wisdom and skills that help to further your musicianship and artistry. Thank you to all those folks that have done so for me.






8.) My sponsors


Thank you to Mike Balter Mallets and Ludwig/Musser, a division of the Conn-Selmer Company for sponsoring me as a vibe artist.






9.) The internet


The internet has enabled me to further my music in ways that would have previously been impossible for a contemporary independent artist.






10.) To all the people, past and present, that have believed in me and my music


I am truly grateful for all the folks that have seen and continue to see great potential in me as a musical artist--it means so very much to me. Thank you.






Copyright 2009 Steve Raybine


All Rights Reserved























http://www.steveraybine.com/




http://www.myspace.com/steveraybine




http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steve-Raybine/56070941106/




http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/raybine3




http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Steve+Raybine&search_type=&aq=f


http://www.smoothjazz.eu/index2.php?artist=85


http://www.sonicbids.com/SteveRaybine


http://www.radioindy.com/bands/7188/

No comments:

Post a Comment